Oh my my! It's been 6 months!! But for the first time in my blogging life, I actually didn't write on purpose. I have never really considered myself a highly superstitious person. In college soccer I ALWAYS washed my socks, win or lose, I ate something different before each game and I have never had any sort of good luck charm of any sort...but for some reason, now that our livelihood depends on the outcome of a game, I have become superstitious. Around the time I stopped writing, the Raiders started putting together a string of great games and great wins that were just to perfect to disrupt! I started wearing the same clothes for each away game and the same boots & pin for each home game. The same group of wives came to my house for each away game and we ate chili and corn bread regardless of whether or not the game started at 10am or 1pm. I wore the same Raider necklace night & day and basically felt like if I changed a thing, the whole season would go up in flames...and it would be ALL my fault for not sticking to my superstitions:-) Included in the superstitions was writing on my blog. I was afraid if I blogged I would talk about the Raiders and how well they were doing and that would SURELY jinx them. Crazy, I know.
Then, John and I got the most exciting news of our lives in November when we found out we're pregnant!!! And I became nervous about jinxing that as well. The start of a pregnancy is such a delicate thing and I didn't want to talk about it too much or even get too excited until we were in the relative clear. Of course, even now at nearly 25 weeks pregnant, I still don't feel like we are in the clear but I feel a lot better than I did in the first trimester.
I told myself I would start blogging again once the season ended and once the
first trimester ended and here I am, pushing the THIRD trimester and I still haven't blog. Truth be told, even though I intentially didn't blog between October and January, I have no real excuse for why I haven't in the last 3 months except for that I just fell out of the habit. So, I am getting in the habit again...starting TODAY!
I'll play a quick game of catch up with the major highlights: As I already mentioned, the largest highlight for us is that we are having a little baby!! Here is a picture of me at 22 weeks:-)

The Raiders finished their season narrowly missing the playoffs but posting a very respectable record of 8-8. My Dad got a new knee. We had wonderful visits from family over the holidays, including John's Mom & Dad and my lovely little sister Lucy. John's little brother Mike and his AMAZING girlfriend Lizzie got engaged. Remember these two? They are the BEST!

We got a new contract with the Raiders and were beyond thrilled to know that we would be in our beloved Bay Area for another year. Then in February my same lovely little sister, Lucy got engaged!!! YUP!! LUCY IS ENGAGED!!! I couldn't be more excited!! As her big sis, I am of course protective of her but I can say with 100% certainty that her soon to be hubby is the best of the best and will treat her with the love & happiness that she deserves. That is a VERY comforting feeling for a big sister. I am just so proud of the woman that she has turned into and I look forward to the day that we can soon live closer to each other. I love you my Lulu!

Shortly after my sister's exciting news, my best friend since age 4, Meghan, came out for her first visit since we moved out here! I was excited for her visit for weeks!! And even though it was short, it was certainly sweet. We packed tons of quality time into our 1.5 days with lots of lounging, chatting, eating, story telling and laughing...just like the good old days. We were even able to organize an afternoon & evening with our dear dear friend Kiki. It was so great to have Meg here. It always warms my heart when people can get together after not seeing each other for a long time and they don't miss a beat. Of course I expect nothing less of my friend of 25 years...WOW That is the first time I have done the math on that. How about THAT Meg?! 25 years!! Longer than most married couples:-) I love you Meggaroo!
In March we had both ups and downs, but thankfully the ups outweighed the downs. We started the month by finding out that the little bambino that we are brewing is a little BABY GIRL!! This was definitely the best news ever and basically no matter what happened for the rest of the month, nothing was going to bring us down. We started planning her nursery, picking out her name and dreaming big dreams for all the wonderful things we wished for our daughter. Still so hard to believe...that John & I are going to be blessed with a daughter! Wow...blows my mind on a regular basis.

The only real down of the month is that the NFL is now in a lockout so that means no football for Johnny this off season until it gets resolved. What a bummer!
Later in the month I had another first time visitor...my big brother Danny & his wife Selma!! My amazing big brother works SO hard and rarely takes time off so for him to take his precious time off and spend it with us here in California was an amazing honor. And Selma had never been to California let alone San Francisco, so I was very excited to show them around. I wanted so badly for their trip to be absolutely perfect, but unfortunately Mother Nature had a different plan in store. It rained at some point during each of the days for basically all but one of the days that they were here. Even with a little precipitation we definitely made the most of our time together. We toured the major hot spots of San Francisco...

Went to the Jelly Belly Factory, did some hiking in Muir Woods followed by taking in some AMAZING views of San Francisco from Marin.

We finished off the trip with a breathtaking trip to snow covered Yosemite! I have been to Yosemite twice before but I have never seen it quite like that! Unfortunately the snow closed some of the places I wanted to take Danny, Selma & John but the experience we got in seeing the park like that was pretty amazing! I have never seen so much accumulated snow in all of my life!
The weekend after Danny & Selma had to go back to New York, John & I headed to Denver to spend some quality time with the family. It was a very fast trip but the boys got to start their precious golf tournament and the girls got to shower Ms. Lizzie with lots of love during her bridal shower.
We had some amazing weather on Saturday with 80 degree sunshine followed by a Sunday with cold damp snow! Denver weather is sure wild!! Sadly for the boys, they had to cut their golf outing short because of the snow, but the tournament will go on in the next couple months. Let the trash talking continue:-)
So, that basically brings us back up to speed and I will be updating more and more as the pregnancy progresses and of course when our little girl joins us this summer! She is kicking up a storm these days which is the most wonderful feeling. I was never able to imagine what a kicking baby would feel like but now that I have experienced it, I will never forget it. During our ultrasounds we were able to see her squirming around and kicking, so now I can visualize what she is doing in there each time she kicks and I LOVE it. Can't wait to meet you little girl:-) Your Mommy & Daddy love you so much already!
Today's song of the day is for our lovely little girl:-)
No comments:
Post a Comment